Thursday, September 11, 2014

17 Months: Clothing

We took a week to focus on different articles of clothing and worked on getting dressed.

Books
Clothes by Liesbet Slegers
Caillou My Clothes
My Blankie by Alice Beauvisage
Clothes by Debbie Bailey
Will You Wear the Blue Hat (Scholastic Rookie Toddler)
Get Dressed! by Seymour Chwast

Activities
Fairy Dress-Up Puzzle
Little Cutie has done many puzzles before, however, with this puzzle, she just took the pieces out and played with them without the board. We worked on matching the colors and patterns of each top and bottom without the board since she didn't seem to want to play with it.

Laugh & Learn My Pretty Learning Purse
Little Cutie loves to take everything out of the purse and put everything back in. She also loves to wear the bracelet and pretend to talk on the cell phone. We talked about how all the things in the purse were accessories.

Matching Socks
I didn't think she would be able to match the pairs of socks, but it was worth a shot. She enjoys putting socks on her hands and tries to hold things with them on her hands. She has tried to put socks on her own feet, but hasn't mastered that skill yet.

Hat Box
I put together a box with a bunch of Little Cutie's hats. She normally hates having anything in her hair/on her head, but to my surprise, she actually loved putting on all the hats. We talked about how we wear warm hats in the winter to keep us warm and lighter hats in the summer for shade from the sun. She laughed when I tried to put her little hats on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment